Author: Bhagwan Dash
Publisher: Hind Pocket Books
ISBN/UPC (if available): 8121605334
Meant for every household, this book provides Ayurvedic cures as well as prevention for a lot of common diseases as also chronic ones. An indispensable book for every household.
Ayurveda provides rational methods for the treatment of many diseases which are considered to be obstinate and incurable in other systems of medicine. Simultaneously it lays a great deal of emphasis on the maintenance of positive health of an individual. It thus aims at both the prevention and the cure of diseases.
Meant for every household, this book provides Ayurvedic cures as well as prevention for a lot of common diseases as also chronic ones, such as Fevers, Bronchitis, Malaria, Pleurisy, Tuberculosis, Eczema, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Jaundice, Eye-Ear-Nose Diseases, Female and Male Sterility, Hysteria, Ulcers, Gastritis, Indigestion, Constipation, Piles, Diabetes and Obesity along with a section on Family Planning.
The present book fulfils a long-felt need by providing a general survey of the theory and practice of Aired, meant for the common man.
- Indian & Foreign Review
1. Fundamental Principles of Ayurveda
2. Principles of Ayurvedic Treatment
3. ‘Dinacharya’: The Regimen During Daytime
4. Fevers: Influenza; Measles; Mumps; Filaria
5. Diseases of Respiratory System: Bronchial Asthma; Bronchitis; Hemoptysis;
Hiccups; Pleurisy; Tuberculosis.
6. Diseases of Sikh and Hair: Baldness; Eczema; Greying of Hair; Leucoderma;
Prickly Heat; Psoriasis; Ring Worm; Scabies; Urticaria.
7. Diseases of Blood and Cardio-Vascular System: Anaemia; Heart Disease;
High Blood Pressure; Jaundice; Oedema; Scurvy.
8. Diseases of Eye: Cataract; Myopia; Stye
9. Diseases of Genital Organs: Female Sterility; Leucorrhea; Male Sterility;
Menorrhagia; Painful Menstruation.
10. Psychic Diseases and Diseases of Nervous System: Cramps; Epilepsy, Facial
Paralysis; Loss of Memory; Hysteria; Schizophrenia; Sciatica; Sleeplessness
11. Diseases of Digestive System: Amoebic Dysentery, Cirrhosis of the Liver; Colic
1Pain, Duodenal Ulcer; Flatulence; Gastritis; Hematemesis; Indigestion;
Infantile Diarrhoea; Piles; Sprue Syndrome; Thirst; Vomiting; Intestinal Worms;
12. Metabolic, Glandular and Joint Diseases: Cervical Spondylosis; Diabetes;
Goitre; Gout; Lumbago; Obesity; Rheumatism, Rheumatoid Arthritis
13. Diseases of Urinary System: Bed-Wetting; Burning Urine; Nephritis; Prostate
Enlargement; Stones in the Urinary Tract; Hematuria
14. Diseases of Ear, Nose and Throat: Epistaxis; Glossitis; Hoarseness of Voice;
Pus in the Ear; Pyorrhoea; Sneezing; Stomatitis; Tonsillitis.
15. Diseases of Head: Headache; Migraine
16. Ayurvedic Medicines for Family Planning
Appendices I, II, III