Author: Mohan Sundara Rajan
Publisher: National Book Trust
ISBN/UPC (if available): 8123717547
Written in a non-technical language, this book gives a lucid account of the latest technological developments in telecommunications and the impact of the exploding internet traffic.
A lucid account of the latest technological developments in telecommunications and the impact of the exploding Internet traffic. Written in a non-technical language, the book describes:
• Fascinating digital pathway based on latest transmission and switching techniques.
• Major breakthroughs in optical communication boosting links to the Internet.
• The role of communication satellites.
• The cellular wave currently sweeping the world towards mobile and wireless Internet.
• Innovative technologies designed to bring home the Internet.
• Networking trends that will usher in a world of ubiquitous connectivity to the Internet.
Telecommunications and the Internet
The Origins: The Telegraph
Good Heavens: It Talks and Survives!
Chips for All
Voice Transmission: Turning Points
Data Transmission: Innovations
From Cable to Fibre: A Revolution
Discovery of Radio Waves
Microwaves: Invisible Highways
The Insat System
Global Satellite System
Leo and Meo Satellites
The Internet in the Sky
The Cellular Wave
Crossing the Bars
Networking: New Trends
Impact of the Internet