Author: Eknath Easwaran
ISBN/UPC (if available): 9788179928134
The principle of meditation is simple: You are what you think. By meditating on words that embody your highest ideals, you drive them deep into your consciousness. There they take root and begin to create wonderful changes in your life-changes you have wanted to make, but have not known how to bringing about.
This book is a complete guide to a program of meditation that fits naturally into your life-even complementing an active religious practice.
Eknath Easwarn taught meditation and its application to daily life for more than 30 years.
He offers specific, systematic tools to…
- Sharpen concentration
- release deep reserves of energy
- Leave behind painful memories an live fully in the present
- Develop unsuspected capacities for insight and understanding
- Learn to love more fully than you had thought possible
- Discover your unique contribution to life
- Deal effectively with stress
- Transform ager
Introduction: An Eight-Point Program
2. The Mantram
3. Slowing Down
4. One-Pointed Attention
5. Training the Senses
6. Putting others First
7. Spiritual Companionship
8. Reading the Mystics
Passages for Meditation