Author: I K Sarma
Publisher: Sundeep Prakashan
ISBN/UPC (if available): 817574023X
It vividly describes the archaeological relics and historical monuments of China in the provinces of Shanxi, Henan and Gansu, besides Beijing and its surroundings. One gets a glimpse of the great Buddhist rock-cut caves of northern and central China through excellent photo-illustrations.
Besides, an analytical correlative study of the Buddhist contacts between southeast India, China and Sri Lanka is attempted, bringing to light the potential overseas Perfume Route, which supplemented the older and well-known overland Silk Road.
GLOSSARY OF TECHNICAL TERMS
LIST OF FIGURES
LIST OF PLATES
2. Monuments and Museums in and around Beijing
3. Monuments and Relics in Gansu Province
4. Monuments and Museums in Shanxi Province
5. Monuments and Museums in Henan Province
6. Buddhist China, South East India and Ceylon