Author: K V Soundara Rajan
Publisher: Sundeep Prakashan
ISBN/UPC (if available): 8175740183
Moulded constantly by centripetal rather than centrifugal forces, especially in architecture, as diffusion into its physiographic divisions of coastal (Sparanta) and central (Marathwada) tracts; these were assimilated to become a new and modified art métier.
This book is perhaps the first attempt at an integrated picture of Deccan art, focusing on the beacon lights of art in the region.
2. Physiomorphology and Cultural Trends
3. With Asoka and the Sungas
4. Maritime Rome in India
5. Haven for Hinayanism and Cave-Art
6. Era of Brahmanical Art Ascendancy
7. Cult Spectrum
8. Technical Traditions in Murals
9. Medieval Baroque Art
DESCRIPTIVE NOTES ON PLATES