Author: O P Tandon
Publisher: Publications Division
ISBN/UPC (if available): 8123010133
India, from time immemorial, is known for its religious tolerance. That is why, throughout the length and breadth of the country, the land is beset with beautiful monuments and sculptures like a bejeweled necklace. Here, in this book, the author has given an account of the major Jaina shrines in India duly supported by historical facts.
For better understanding and appreciation of Jaina shrines, life and legend of the Jaina monks in general and the Tirthankaras in particular have been given. This book will help create in its readers a thirst for a closer study and a greater understanding of the spiritual geniuses of Jainism.
1. Jaina Philosophy and its Manifestations in Art and Architecture
2. Extent and Expansion
Dispersal of Shrines
1. East India ( Bihar, Bengal, Orissa)
2. North India ( Uttar Pradesh)
3. Central India ( Madhya Pradesh)
4. West India ( Rajasthan, Gujarat)
5. Deccan and south India ( Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu)
Appendix : List of Tirthankaras