Author: I K K Menon
Publisher: Publications Division
ISBN/UPC (if available): 8123010060
Ayurveda is the name the ancient Indians gave to their science of medicine. Ayuh means life and veda means to know. Ayurveda, therefore is the science by which life can be prolonged or its nature understood. The book, simple in style, tells in detail about this indigenous science and its importance which is being realized now all over the country.
1. What is Ayurveda
2. Anatomy- Food and Pathology
3. Diagnosis and Prognosis- Materia Medica
6. Ophthalmology * Obstetrics * Gynecology * Pediatrics
7. Ayurveda for Animals, Birds, Trees etc.
8. The Growth of Ayurveda: Samhitas, Great Master's Books on Ayurveda, Rasachikitsa
9. Ayurveda in Kerala
10. Regimen to a Happy Life
11. The Spread of Ayurveda:
Suggestions for Further Improvement
12. Some Aphorisms in Ayurveda