Author: David A Shiang
Publisher: Pustak Mahal
ISBN/UPC (if available): 9788122310153
Few physicists think that Einstein was in the right path when he rejected quantum theory and insist on law and order, but it turns out that he was correct when he said that ‘‘God does not play dice.’’ Einstein, I maintain, will have the last laugh.
The world is in order and never out of order. We will not be able to give Einstein everything he was looking for (his wish for unlimited prediction will remain unfulfilled, and his dreaded ‘‘Spooky action at a distance’’ has been confirmed), but we give him enough.
I realize of course that concepts such as ‘‘right’’ and ‘‘correct’’ may have no place in science, which is often said to proceed asymptotically towards truth or reality. For example, Carl Sagan once maintained that ‘‘absolute certainty will always elude us.’’
Such a sentiment may be true in science, but nevertheless we can know with 100% certainty that natur5e is governed by law and order, not chance and probability. If final answers can be achieved, as I affirm, we will have to go beyond science in order to achieve them.
Does God play dice with the universe? Do events happen by chance? Do we have free will? Was Einstein right in his assessment of quantum theory?.
If you seek answers to such questions, you have come to the right place. In my groundbreaking book God Does Not Play Dice.
The final answers to such crucial questions can surely be achieved, and we can definitely go beyond the uncertainty and confusion that some scientists claim cannot be overcome :
1. The final and only solution to the free will problem.
2. Why Stephen Hawking is wrong when he says that there is ‘evidence’ that God plays dice.
3. The role of memory in solving the free will problem.
4. The type of certainty that can be achieved.
5. How past, present, and future are interrelated.
6. Why key ideas presented by Richard Dawkins and John Allen Paulos are false.
7. The reason why much of our worrying is misplaced and irrelevant.
8. Why an important pillar of evolutionary theory is based on an incorrect assumption, making Darwinism ‘defunct’.
2. Beginning the Journey
3. A Certain World Beyond Science
4. The Solution to the Free Will Problem
5. Cracking Nature’s Code of Law and Order
6. Quantum Leaps of Faith
7. Sagan’s Baloney Detection Kit Applied
8. Why Darwinism is Defunct
Observations on the Direction of Time
Einstein, God, and the Number one Musketeer