Author: Rajeswari Pillai Rajagopalan
ISBN/UPC (if available): 9788129115423
The Dragon's Fire: Chinese Military Strategy and Its Implications for Asia essentially looks into the military strategy of China, and how it impacts on India and Asia. The rise of China has been a subject of interest and concern not only in India and other countries of Asia, but globally as well.
Will China be more wiling to resort to force to settle the various territorial disputes with its neighbours? Will it become more aggressive in other bilateral issues? While it may be important to analyze the military and other capabilities that China has acquired, it is more pertinent to look at the military strategy through which it will employ these capabilities.
China has continued to assert that its rice is peaceful and that its military modernization is only geared towards defensive purposes, but perception matters. The perception of a potential China-threat has had several spin-off effects, in the form of alliances and/ or force posturing by regional and global powers.
2. Historical Overview of Chinese Military Strategy
3. Evolution of Chinese Security Environment
4. Chinese Military Objectives and Drivers of China’s Military Strategy
5. Capability Requirements and China’s Responses
6. Chinese Military Strategy Today: Its Impact on Asian Stability and Indian Security
List of Acronyms