Author: P J Lavakare
Illustrator: Harinder Singh
Publisher: National Book Trust
ISBN/UPC (if available): 8123736576
This book presents a brief history of science in India, and discusses the myths and misconceptions about science, coupled with the prevalent superstitions in Indian traditions so as to clarify the irrational beliefs amongst the students and even their parents.
The myths and misconception about science, coupled with the prevalent superstitions in Indian traditions have been discussed so as to clarify the irrational beliefs amongst our students and even their parents.
1. Science: A Wonderful Journey
2. Science in Your Daily Life
3. Science in India: Past and Present
4. Science and Superstitions
5. Use and Misuse of Science
6. Future Excitements in Science
7. Careers with Science
8. Science and Me --- The Excitement of Doing Science by Dr. Jayant Narlikar
Annexure 1: Further Reading
Annexure 2: Selected Websites on Popular Science