1. The information we collect
When you use our site, we receive and collect certain information. The information that we receive and collect depends on what you do when you visit Indiaclub.com.
If you would like to obtain more information about the third-party distributor of banners on the Indiaclub.com site and to know your choices about having such distributor's cookies turned off, please visit www.privacychoices.org. If you turn off the third-party distributor's cookies, you will still see banners on our site; however, the banners will not be tailored to your shopping experience.
Information Collected Using Pixel Tags or Clear GIFs. To help us understand the effectiveness of certain of our email marketing efforts, Indiaclub.com may use "message format" and "message open" sensing technologies. Both technologies require the use of pixel tags or clear GIFs (also called web beacons). The "message format" sensing technology allows us to recognize whether you have enabled your email program to receive HTML emails; if so, this information is then associated with your email address so that subsequent messages can be sent to you in HTML format. The "message open" sensing technology allows us to recognize whether you have opened our email message. We can only detect this if your have enabled your email program to receive HTML emails.
Information You Actively Submit to Indiaclub.com. For most of the browsing services we provide, we neither require nor collect "Personal Customer Information" -- your name, email address, billing address, shipping address(es), phone number and credit card information. You can browse the Indiaclub.com site and take as much time as you want to review our books and other products, services and reviews without having to submit such Personal Customer Information. Even when you use our shopping cart as you browse, there is no need to submit Personal Customer Information.
In the following instances, however, we do need you to actively submit Personal Customer Information: when you want to (i) open an account or complete an order, (ii) subscribe to our Newsletters, (iii) subscribe to books of my choice newsletter and other promotions
- Creating a Indiaclub.com Account or Completing an Order. You can create a customer account with Indiaclub.com to complete an order. To open an account, you will need to create a password-protected account with us. In doing so, we require that you provide us with all of the following Personal Customer Information: your name, email address, billing address, shipping address(es), and credit card information. We use industry standard e-commerce security technology to protect the Personal Customer Information that you transmit to us when you establish your account and each time you access your account information. When setting up the account, we ask you to create a password. When you want to make a purchase or change your stored Personal Customer Information, we approve your access by verifying your email address with your password
- Subcontractors. We send Personal Customer Information to third-party subcontractors and agents that work on our behalf to provide certain services. These third parties do not have the right to use the Personal Customer Information beyond what is necessary to assist us. They are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of the Personal Customer Information and are restricted from using such information in any way not expressly authorized by Indiaclub.com.
- Service Providers. We send Personal Customer Information to third-party providers of goods and services that you may purchase from time to time on our site (e.g., music). Like subcontractors, these third parties do not have the right to use the Personal Customer Information beyond what is necessary to assist us. They are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of the Personal Customer Information and are restricted from using such information in any way not expressly authorized by Indiaclub.com
- Credit card companies. Credit card transactions are handled by a third-party financial institution and their vendors, which receive the credit card number and other personal identifying information only to verify the credit card numbers and process transactions.
- Law Enforcement Investigations. Indiaclub.com may release Personal Customer Information when we believe, in our good judgment, that such release is reasonably necessary to comply with law, enforce or apply the terms of any of our policies or user agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Indiaclub.com, our users, or others.
Communications related to transaction and account maintenance activities. These communications include without limitation: order confirmations; order update notices; order problem notices; and notices regarding material changes to site policies and account management procedures.
- Newsletter, Alerts, Recommendations. You may sign up for free email Newsletters and Alerts filled with recommendations and reviews for books, music, and more. Such registry is different from the Indiaclub.com Account and password which you set up to make purchases. You can sign up for our Newsletter service as either a registered or non registered customer of Indiaclub.com . Furthermore, the contact information collected in the Newsletter service is only used to forward the Newsletters and Alerts you select.
5. Linking to third-party web sites
When you click on links and banners on our site that take you to third-party web sites, you will be subject to the third parties' privacy policies. While we support the protection of privacy on the Internet, Indiaclub.com cannot be responsible for the actions of any third-party web sites. We encourage you to read the posted privacy statement of any and every site you visit, whether you are linking from our site or browsing on your own.