Author: Adam Robinson
Publisher: Vision/Orient paperbacks
ISBN/UPC (if available): 8170944864
Based on new information provided by members of Bin Laden's family, this book is the first comprehensive insight into the life of the renegade prophet of the apocalypse and reveals the roots of his discontent.
Based on new information provided by members of Bin Laden’s family, this book exposes for the first time the inside story of the world’s most-wanted terrorist from his childhood to the astounding, catastrophic act of terror in New York on 11 September 2001.
This first comprehensive insight into the roots of his discontent, detailing prophet of the apocalypse reveals the roots of his discontent, detailing his privileged childhood riven by jealousies and family politics, and his youth laced with prostitutes, hedonism and lengthy periods of alcohol abuse. Fighting the Soviets in Afghanistan, Osama then found “religion” and rapidly grew to be fundamentalist Islam’s biggest star.
Behind the propaganda of a self-styled zealous freedom-fighter the book uncovers a man driven by the need for acceptance and adulation; one who deftly manipulated the institutions he claimed to despise in order to further his own terrible ends; who condemned depravity while keeping a hand in heroin trade and extortion.
• The Saudi humiliation that finally drove him to his declaration of war on America in the name of
• How Osama built Al-Qaeda into a multinational terrorist organization capable of wreaking
havoc on a global scale.
• How Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda pulled off a series of international terrorist acts in 1990s –and
some daring plans that were foiled.
• His several narrow escapes despite official U.S. sanction to kill him even before September
• The possibility that Bin Laden or Al-Qaeda possess nuclear and bio-weaponry.
Family Ties That Bind
The Manhattan of the Desert
National Politics, Childhood Scars
Son of the Slave
Off the Rails
Alcohol and Redemption
Fighting for Islam
Birth of an Icon
Homecoming of a Hero
Establishing the Firm
International Merger and Expansion
Diversification of Core Business
African Smokescreen, World Football
Putting Atta to Sleep
The President’s Nemesis
Tweaking the Nose of the Enemy
Preparing for War
One Day in the Sun