Author: Neerja Sharma
Publisher: National Book Trust
ISBN/UPC (if available): 8123727666
Written in simple, lucid language, this book on the 11-18 age group will be of interest to adolescents, youth, parents and others who wish to know more about the difficult transition period between childhood and adulthood.
Apart from discussing physical and sexual maturation, intelligence and morality, changes in personality and emotions, parent-child conflicts, identity crisis, delinquency and issues confronting adolescents, such as dilemma about the future have been highlighted keeping in view the diversity in cultural and socio-economic experiences of adolescents hailing from urban, rural and tribal environments.
1. Transition from Childhood
2. Coming of Age: Physical and Sexual Maturation at Adolescence
3. Intellectual Development
4. Development of Morality, Values, religious and Political thought
5. The search for Identity: Personality Development
6. Preparing for the Future: The Dilemma
7. Policies and Laws for Adolescents in India
8. The Emerging Adolescent