Author: V S Ramanan
Director/Composer/Narrator: Dennis J Hartel
Publisher: Sri Ramanasramam
ISBN/UPC (if available): NA
From 1935 to 1950, a number of visitors to Sri Ramanasramam shot films of the Maharshi and his environs. Taken mostly by his devotees, these films give us a remarkable opportunity to view a fully-enlightened sage who, in the 20th century, lived like an ancient rishi of yore.
In 1990, the complete collection of archival films were brought to the U.S.A. for restoration, preservation and editing. Two of these films were professionally produced as newsreels with a soundtrack by the Indian Information Bureau and shown throughout India in cinema houses.
This sixty-five minute video is a visual document of a man made perfect by virtue of a unique destiny. Spiritual freedom, eternal peace and joy can be realized by those devoted seekers whose destinies are linked to the Sage of Arunachala, Sri Ramana Maharshi.
1. 65 Minutes, Color and Black & While
2. Silent, except for two newsreel soundtracks
3. Archival Research booklet included
Preface to the First Edition
1. 1935 The Maharshi with Swami Yogananda and Paul Brunton
2. 1938 Jayadevlal Dave Footage
3. 1945 Ramachandra Reddi Footage
4. September 1, 1946 Golden Jubilee Celebrations
5. 1947 K.K. Nambiar Footage
6. 1948 Aravind Bose Footage
7. December 1948 The Maharshi’s 69th Birthday Celebration
8. May 4,1949 Patala Linga Muhurtham Ceremony
9. 1949 May to November K.K. Nambiar Footage
10. April 15, 1950 Mahasamadhi Indian Government Newsreel