Author: A Compilation
Publisher: Shechen Publications
ISBN/UPC (if available): 8174721711
From the book:
CARE OF DHARMA PRACTICE MATERIALS:
Due to the sacred content of the Prayers and practice within this dharma text, please do not place it where people walk and sit and especially try to ensure that it is not steeped on or over. If you wish to dispose of this text, please burn it rather than throw it away.
The Tsering Art School (Shechen Institute of Traditional Tibetan Art) was founded by Shechen Rabjam Rinpoche at Shechen Monastery in Baudhanath, Nepal in 1996. The prayers in this book were originally compiled in the Tibetan from the Minling Chos sPyod by the Tsering Art School Principal, Konchog Lhadrepa for the school's students.
English translations for this prayer book were slowly gathered and compiled so that this publication could be made for the benefit of the non-Tibetan speaking students of the school as well as for the participants in the annual Shechen Seminars at the Shechen Institute in Bodhgaya, India and of course, for anyone else who might find this compilation of prayers helpful in their practice and study of the Buddha-dharma. The drawings are all by Konchog Lhadrepa.
The Tsering Art School and Shechen Publications would like to thank the following translators for their contributions to this text : The Padmakara Translation Group for the majority of translations in this book. Bhikshu Sean Price, Ani Jinpa and Jakob Leschly who kindly offered their time to translate many of the small sections where previous translations could not be found.
Thanks also to the translators of the prayers from the Drukpa Thoupten Tcheukhor Ling Pilgrimage Prayer Book (Praise to the Life of Buddha); The prologue for the Sampa Lhundrup, by Ngawang Zangpo from "Guru Rinpoche, his Life and Times "; The King of Aspiration Prayers from Rigpa Translations; and the Prayer of Kuntuzangpo from Bhaka Tulku Rinpoche. Thanks also to those translators of the General Confession Prayer and Dentsig Monlam whom we were unable to trace.
Any merit accrued through having published this book of prayers is dedicated towards the long life of Shechen Rabjam Rinpoche and the incarnation of Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, Urgyen Tenzin Jigme Lhundrup.
1. Advice on Necessary Dharma Activities
2. The Verses of the Eight Noble Auspicious Ones (Om Nangsi)
3. Preliminary Prayers
4. General Confession
5. The Treasure of Blessings (Tubchog Chinlab Terdzo)
6. The Sutra of Truly Remembering the Sublime Three Jewels (Konchog Jedren)
7. Praise to the Life of Buddha
8. Short Praise to the Life of Buddha
9. Prayers to Tara
10. The 21 Praises of Exalted Tara
11. Additional Prayers to Tara
12. Manjushri Sadhana
13. A Joyful Offering Cloud to Jamgon
14. Praise to Manjushri (Gang gi Lodro)
15. Seven Line Supplication to Guru Rinpoche
16. Lineage Prayers
17. The Guru Yoga of the Seven Line Prayer
18. The Spontaneous Accomplishment of All Wishes (Sampa Lhundrup)
19. Clearing the Obstacles of the Path (Barche Lamsel)
20. Dusum Sangye
21. The Prayer which Swiftly Fulfils All Wishes (Sampa Nyurdrup)
22. The Prayer of the Vajradhatu Mandala
23. The Prayer of Yeshe Tsogyal (Maha Guru)
24. The Sutra of the Heart of Transcendent Knowledge (Sherab Nyigpo)
25. The Aspiration for Noble Excellent Conduct (Zangpo Chops Monlam)
26. The Prayer of Kuntuzangpo (Kunzang Monlam)
27. Concluding Prayers
28. Words of Truth (Dentsig Monlam)