Author: R M Dworkin
Translator(s)/ Editors(s): R M Dworkin
Publisher: Oxford University Press
ISBN/UPC (if available): 9780199238347
The aim of this series is to bring together important recent writings in major areas of philosophical inquiry, selected from a variety of sources, mostly periodicals, which may not be conveniently available to the university student or the general reader.
The editor of each volume contributes an introductory essay on the items chosen and on the questions with which they deal. A selective bibliography is appended as a guide to future reading.
1. Positivism and the Separation of Law and Morals by H.L.A. Hart
2. Is Law a System of Rules? By R.M. Dworkin
3. Morals and the Criminal Law by Lord Patrick Devlin
4. Immorality and Treason by H.L.A. Hart
5. A Theory of Civil Disobedience by J. Rawls
6. A Defence of Abortion by J.J. Thomson
7. The Rights and Wrongs of Abortion by J. Finnis
8. A Theory of Freedom of Expression by T. Scanlon
Notes on the Contributors
Index of Names