Author: Swami Krishnananda
Publisher: Divine Life Society
ISBN/UPC (if available): N/A
Rare is the opportunity for a spiritual seeker to her words of wisdom spoken by a great sage. Speakers may be many, but true sages are few. His holiness Sri Swami Krishnanandaji Maharaj was a learned and wise saint of the very highest order of attainment, and he was a person who had the marvelous gift to impart his wisdom to others in a clear and precise way.
While his language can at times be highly philosophical in nature, the clarity and essential simplicity of his message nevertheless shines through. The Bhagavadgita was a presence that way. Swamiji spoke many times on its import and message and gave others the inspiration and understanding to delve into this great gospel of Sri Krishna.
The residents and visitors to the Sivananda Ashram in Rishikesh had many opportunities to hear Swami Krishnanada’s enlightening teachings. Swami Krishnanada takes the listeners through the Mahabharata and through each of the chapters of the Bhagavadgita in successive talks, elucidating the main points in each chapter and giving insight and guidance for all. Always and in every case his teachings are practical and applicable in daily life.
He takes the highest truths given in the Bhagavadgita and makes them relevant to every spiritual seeker. Not only his teachings, but also his very life are both wonderful gifts to all seekers of Truth. May the blessings of Lord Krishna and Holy Master Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj be on all those who take to the study of this valuable book.
BACK THE BOOK:
His Holiness Sri Swami Krishnanandaji Maharaj is one of the foremost exponents of the Mahabharata and the Bhagavadgita. Fully established in the highest awareness, Swamiji is a living example of how God Almighty takes human form to answer the call of Sincere Spiritual seekers. As the manifestation of Sri Krishna, Swamiji’s exposition of Lord Krishna’s Teachings transforms the very being of all who come in contact with these divine thoughts.
--- Swamiji Maharaj Attained Mahasamadhi on 23rd November, 2001.
1. The Plight of the Pandavas
2. Challenges of the Spiritual Seeker
3. The World is the Face of God
4. The Cosmic Manifestation
5. God is Our Eternal Friend
6. Universal Action
7. The Art of Meditation
8. In Harmony with the Whole Universe
9. The Unity of the Lover and the Beloved
10. The Imperishable Among All that is Perishable
11. God Present Within Us
12. The Entry of the Soul into the Supreme Being
13. Centring the Mind in the Heart
14. The Absolute Pervading the Universe
15. The Rarest of Devotees
16. The Essence of Creation is God's Glory
17. The Vision of God
18. Fix Your Mind on Me Alone
19. True Knowledge
20. We are the Fruits and Leaves of the Cosmic Tree
21. The Lord Dwells in the Hearts of All Beings
22. Glossary of Sanskrit Terms.