Author: Ruskin Bond
Translator(s)/ Editors(s): Ruskin Bond
ISBN/UPC (if available): 9788129116918
The tiger is the largest living member of the cat family, but poaching and territorial encroachments are diminishing tiger populations to the extent of making them endangered.
Before the tiger vanishes forever from the land which was once synonymous with tigers, let us at least celebrate its former majesty with, When The Tiger was King, a book about tigers, that pays tribute to their fierce splendour and beauty. In this Rupa anthology, Ruskin Bond brings together some of the most adventurous and engaging tiger stories by master storytellers with a couple of charming tiger folktales from Asia.
1. When Grandfather Tickled a tiger – Ruskin Bond
2. Gond Tiger Fable of Singbaba
3. The Tiger in the Tunnel – Ruskin Bond
4. The Life of a Tiger – S. Eardley-Wilmot
5. Man-Eater – Frank Buck with Edward Anthony
6. The Man-Eater of Botta Singarum – Henry Astbury Leveson
7. The Langra Tigress – Hugh Allen
8. ‘Sandy’ Beresford’s Tigerhunt – Charles A. Kincaid
9. The Tiger of Chao-Cheng
10. Where’s the Tiger? – Surendra Mohanty