Author: N H Sahasrabudhe
R D Mahatme/
ISBN/UPC (if available): 8120720423
In this book, the authors have made conscious efforts to rediscover the ancient science of Vastu-Vidya in terms of modern scientific principles, and to find a common link between Yogashastra, Astrology and Vastushastra.
Vastushastra is an ancient Indian science dealing with construction technology and techniques for building environment-friendly dwellings which are in harmony with nature, cosmic forces and the universe.
Currently, a trend is evident wherein people are attempting Vastu changes by just referring to a couple of books on Vastushastra which follow a typical pattern - quoting some rules in Vastushastra and then presenting some success stories related to this analysis. But since the basic assumptions in formulation of these rules are not clearly defined, there is always a chance that rules may be misinterpreted and the application of these rules may not result in the desired solution. This book departs from this set pattern to analyze the logic behind Vastushastra in a unique manner by not only elucidating Vastushastra principles, but also laying due emphasis on the extensive study that must go into any kind of Vastu analysis.
It seeks convergence between Yogashastra and Vastushastra, Astrology and Vastushastra, Modern Science and Vastushastra etc. This approach has also been discussed in relation to practical problems. A novel concept of 'Balancing and Dynamic Planning' would prove useful for students in this filed to understand the essence of Vastu concepts. It is not advisable to go in for reckless structural alterations in the pursuits of instant material gains. Vastushastra basically aims at peace of mind and a healthy life for the dweller, which requires a multidisciplinary approach while applying those principles.
N H Sahasrabudhe is a graduate in Civil Engineering from College of Engineering, Pune, with a postgraduate degree in Structural Engineering from Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. He has authored a book in Marathi, Vastu-Shiv-Vigyan, and lectures and contributes to various journals and magazines on Vastu science.
R D Mahatme is a graduate in engineering from Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai with a postgraduate degree in engineering from Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. After gaining experience as R & D engineer in a couple of engineering units, he is currently engaged in constancy. He is equally engrossed in studying latest developments in Laser, Plasma and Nuclear Sciences.
QUEST FOR THE SCIENCE OF VASTU
• Knowledge and Science of Vastu
• The Physical World and the Abstract World
• Significance of Words, Signs, Thoughts and Symbols
• Helix, Asymmetry and Evolution
• Helix, Golden ratio and Vastushastra
• Helix—a Remedy on Vastudosha
MODERN SCIENCE AND VASTUSHASTRA
• The Planet Earth and Vastushastra
• Energy-Matter Balance and Vastshastra
• Conservation Laws in Physics and Vastu Principles
• Cosmic Rays and Vastushastra Considerations
• Nuclear Science and Vastushastra
• Vastushastra Tradition and Scientific Reflections
• Vastushastra and Scientific Analysis
YOGASHASTRA—MOTHER OF VASTU SCIENCE
• Nabhi in Ayurveda, Yogashastra and Vastushastra
• Ida-Pingala Nadis in Yogashastra and Vastushastra
• Prana in Body and Cosmic Energy in a Vastu
• Nadi Excitation and Directions of a Vastu
• Five Basic Elements in Yogashastra and Vastushastra
• Sanskara in Vastushastra and Quantum Memory in Medicine
INSIGHT OF ASTROLOGY IN VASTUSHASTRA ANALYSIS
• Astronomy and Vastushastra
• Correlation between Vastushastra and Astrological Analysis
• Vastu Purush Mandal
• Vastu Purush Mandal and Modern Science
• Significance of Vastu Purush Mandal
• Vastudoshas and Calamities
• Directions, Flaws in Vastu and Remedial Measures
• Important Vastuchakras
BALANCING AND DYNAMIC PLANNING : VASTU CONCEPTS
• The Importance of Shape in Vastushastra
• Dynamic Balance and Geometric Symmetry
• Before Planning a Vastu
• Vastu Rachana (Layout of a House)
• Centre of Energy Balance
• Establishing the Nabhi of a Vastu
• Agriculture and Vastushastra
• Landscaping as per Vastu Science
• Planning a Vastu in Plots of Irregular Shape — a Novel Approach
VASTUSHASTRA AND OTHER BUILDING DESIGN TECHNIQUES
• Vastushastra and Geomancy
• Vastushastra Remedial Measures — a Methodology
• Vastushastra and Feng-Shui
• Vastushastra and Pyramids
• Vastushastra and Modern Architecture
PRACTICAL VASTUSHASTRA ANALYSIS
• Analysis of Vastu 'A'
• Analysis of Vastu 'B'
• Analysis of Vastu 'C' & 'D'
• Vastu Analysis of a plot
• Vastushastra Approach
• India and Vastushastra
• Maharashtra - Vastushastra - Modern Science
For Further Reading