Author: Karuna Sagar Behera
Publisher: Publications Division
ISBN/UPC (if available): 8123012365
The Sun Temple of Konark in Orissa, also famous is as the Black Pagoda, is undoubtedly one of the finest monuments of India. Even in ruins, the temple complex is a magnificent monument where the vitality and spirit of a bygone creative age in the history of Orissa are echoed even today in its life like sculptures.
It has been declared as a World Heritage Monument for its outstanding universal value to humanity.
1. Mythology and Sanctity of Konark
2. King Narasimha-I and Construction
Of the Konark Temple
3. The Orissan Style of Temple architecture
4. The Main Temple-Complex of Konark
5. Subsidiary Temples in the compound
6. Aspects of Architecture and Sculpture
7.The fall of the Temple and Conservation