Author: Rameshwar Dayal Sharma
Translator(s)/ Edito: Hokum Singh
ISBN/UPC (if available): 8174502513
The book in your hands is meant for the students of Class V. it is the last book in the series of mathematics textbooks for the primary stage. Continuing the pattern of earlier books of this series, each chapter starts with some guidelines to the teachers and parents. These guidelines are helpful while imparting mathematical learning to the students. These have been provided in the smaller type size to differentiate with the contents, which are meant for the students. The book has been written for ensuring the development of following Learning Outcomes:
- Understanding of four fundamental operations and perform them
with speed and accuracy in solving problems of day-to-day life which
are based on numbers, fractional numbers and decimals.
- Understanding of various kinds of measurements such as length,
mass, capacity, money, time, temperature, area and volume and use
these measurements in situations arising in the learner’s immediate
- Understanding and appreciation of geometrical shapes and their
characteristics and discuss, describe and draw two/three -
- Development of power of Interpretation and Representation of
- Development and expression of creative skills.
- Development of power of thinking and reasoning.
- Development of scientific attitude.
As envisaged in the Learning Outcomes, the book is aimed to inculcate the skills of quantification of experiences around the learners, carrying out the experiments with numbers and develop ability to solve everyday life problems.
A Word to Teachers and Parents
2. Basic Operations on Numbers
3. Highest Common Factor and Lowest Common Multiple
4. Fractional Numbers
5. Basic Operation on Fractional Numbers
7. Basic Operations on Decimals
9. Money Transaction
10. Pictorial representation of Data
11. Basic Geometrical Concepts
14. Perimeter, Area and Volume