Author: Shankar Mahadevan
Contributor(s)/Artis: Sunil Das/Ronu Majumdar/Ashit Desai
Publisher: Music Today
ISBN/UPC (if available): D 07129
Aarti is a popular Hindu ritual generally performed twice or thrice daily, usually at the end of a puja. "Aa" means 'towards', and "rati" means 'the highest love for God'. So as the word conveys, it's a devotional offering expressing emotions of love by devotees for the deity. The word aarti may also refer to the traditional Hindu devotional song that is sung during the ritual.
Om Jai Jagdish Hare is the most popular of the Hindu aartis, sung around the world. This album features various versions of the aarti, which takes you on a meditative journey to unite you with the Supreme Power.
This CD carries the following tracks:
1. Om Jai Jagdish Hare (chorus)
2. Om Jai Jagdish Hare (shankar Mahadevan)
3. Om Jai Jagdish Hare - Prayer On Sitar
4. Om Jai Jagdish Hare - Prayer On Flute
5. Om Jai Jagdish Hare - The Path To Meditation
6. Om Jai Jagdish Hare (karaoke Track)
7. Shriman Narayan Narayan - Prarthana Dhun (bonus Track)
Shankar Mahadevan, Sunil Das, Ronu Majumdar, Ashit Desai, Hema Desai, Alap Desai