Author: Chris Hart
Publisher: Sage Publications
ISBN/UPC (if available): 81-7829-506-7
If you are about to embark on your Masters dissertion, but do not quite know know where to begin, then this is just the book for you. For, it will show you just how to write an excellent dissertation.
A complete and comprehensive guide to the practicalities of researching, preparing and writing a Masters dissertion, the book alsoincludes materials and comments aimed at engendering higher-level scholarship based on reflection, contemplation and critical thinking.
Providing clarity by covering the essential 'nuts and bolts' of research, this immensely practical text:
-Gives clear definations of the nature and scope of the three main types of Masters dissertation - the traditional, the work-based, and the literature review-based.
- Contains numerous examples and illustrations on how to tackle both the technical and the intellectual aspects of construcicting a dissertation.
- Demonstrates the techniques that can be used to identify a topic and formulate a clear research problem capable of resutling in a disseration.
- Shows how to identify a topic, formualte a research question and hypotheses
- Suggest ways of dealing with ethical issues and sensitive situations, including working with your supervisor
- Provides succinct guidance on how to write the many deifferent sections of your dissertation
List texts and internet sources for data collection techniques and data analysis
Though aimed primarily at Masters students, this detailed and conclise text witll be of equal use to doctrol student.