Author: David Frawley
Publisher: Motilal Banarsidass
ISBN/UPC (if available): 8120815211
Ayurveda and the Mind is perhaps the first book published in the West that explores specifically the psychological aspect of this great system. The book explores how to heal our minds on all levels from the subconscious to the superconscious, along with the role of diet, impressions, mantra, meditation, yoga and many other methods to create wholeness.
Dr David Frawley has once again demonstrated his unique talent of digesting ancient Vedic knowledge and feeding us this understanding which nourishes our body, mind and soul.
Ayurveda and the Mind addresses, with both sensitivity and lucidity, how to create wholeness in body, Mind and Spirit. This book opens the door to a new energetic psychology that provides practical tools to integrate the many layers of life. Dr Frawley has added another important volume to his many insightful books on Ayurveda and Vedic sciences.
-Deepak Chopra M D
Author, Ageless body, Timeless Mind
Ayurveda and the Mind is a virtual encyclopedia for serious students of Ayurveda and Yoga. Dr Frawley takes the reader deep into the subtle realms of consciousness with the finesse, guidance and experience of a master teacher.
-J Donald Walters (Swami Kriyananda)
Author, Superconsciousness, A Guide to Meditation.
PART I : AYURVEDIC PSYCHOLOGY : YOGIC MIND-BODY MEDICINE
1. A New Journey Into Consciousness
2. Ayurvedic Constitutional Types : The Biological Humors Of Vata, Pitta And Kapha
3. The Three Gunas : How To Balance Your Consciousness
4. The Nature Of The Mind
5. The Five Elements And The Mind
PART II : THE ENERGETICS OF CONSCIOUSNESS
6. Conditioned Consciousness : The Greater Mental Field
7. Intelligence : The Power Of Perception
8. The Outer Mind : The Field Of The Senses
9. Ego And Self : The Quest For Identity
PART III : AYURVEDIC THERAPIES FOR THE MIND
10. Ayurvedic Counseling And Behavioral Modification
11. The Cycle Of Nutrition For The Mind : The Role Of Impressions
12. Outer Treatment Modalities : Diet, Herbs, Massage And Pancha Karma
13. Subtle Therapies : Colors, Gems And Aromas
14. The Healing Power Of Mantra
PART IV : SPIRITUAL APPLICATIONS: YOGA AND AYURVEDIC PSYCHOLOGY
15. Spiritual Therapies
16. The Eightfold Method Of Yoga I : Outer Practices
17. The Eightfold Method Of Yoga Ii : Inner Practices