Author: Hakim Mohammad Said
Publisher: Sri Satguru Publications
ISBN/UPC (if available): 8170305209
The present volume Hamdarad Pharmacopoeia of Eastern Medicine includes a Preface. Survey of Drugs (List of Medicinal Plants Used in Eastern Medicine), Pharmacopocia as standardised by Hamdard, Pharmaccutical Codex of Eastern Medicine. The Volume is profuscly illustrated.
1. Survey of drugs : List of medicinal plants used in eastern medicines.
2. Pharmacopoeia (As standardised by Hamdard).
3. Pictures of plant drugs used in eastern medicine.
4. Pharmaceutical codex (Of eastern medicine).
5. Drug research : Need for research in plant drugs/Salimuzzaman Siddiqui.
6. Cardio-vascular pharmotherapeutics of six medicinal plants indigenous to Pakistan and India:
I. New vistas in search for antihypertensive agents.
II. Developments of drugs for the treatment of congestive heart failure and cardiac oedema.
7. Development of newer compounds from indigenous sources for the therapy of cardiac
8. Development of new complex coumarins for coronary thrombosis, related thromboembolic
episodes and spasmodic conditions of blood vessels.
9. Pharmacological studies on Emblica Officinalis Gaertn.
10. Khamira Abresham Hakim Arshadwala:
I. Its pharmacological studies.
II. Its effect on serum cholesterol levels in rabbits.
11. Studies in Alkaloids of Rauwolfia Serpentina (Benth) and the mode of their
12. A contribution to the anatomy of tinospora cordifolia (willd) miers/Dost Mohammad Khan,
Bashir Hussain and N.A. Malik.
13. Studies of Abroma Augusta (Linn.)/Sadiq Ali, Ahmad Mubashar Ahsan and George Hahn.
14. Studies on Nepeta Ruderalis Hamilt. Examination of the petroleum ether extractive of the
flowers and stems/Usman Ahmad Siddiqui and A.M. Ahsan.
15. A pharmacognostic study of Withania Radix/Naseer Ahmad Malik.
16. Isolation of a new compound from Lavandula Stoechas (Linn.)/Manzoor-i-Khuda and
Moqaddas Ali Khan.
17. Studies on Rhazya stricta (Dcne)/Salimuzzaman Siddiqui, Yusuf Ahmad and M. Ibrahim Beg.
18. Chemical investigation of Commiphora Mukul (Engl)/Amjad Ali and Mashooda Hasan.
19. Anatomical studies of Commiphora Mukul (Engl.) and the localization of gums, resins and
tannins/S.I. Ahmed, Fatima Asad and S. Shahid Husain.
20. A reinvestigation of the alkaloidal constituents of Peganum Harmala/Salimuzzaman Siddiqui.