Author: P C Nahar
K C Ghosh/
Editor(s): P C Nahar / K C Ghosh
Publisher: Sri Satguru Publications
ISBN/UPC (if available): 8170300320
The present book An Encyclopaedia of Jainism, is a compilation forming an epitome having for its basis the most orthodox principles, doctrine and tenets as found in the original work of authority and high antiquity as promulgated on the subject by Jaina speculative writers and conformed to by accurate thinkers in their spiritual inquiries.
1. Jainism--its philosophy and religion.
2. Predicaments by pre-eminence.
3. Knowledge and its forms.
4. Epistemology and logic.
5. Pratyaksha is really Paroksha.
6. The Jain theory of formal logic.
7. The Jain logic and the Nayas.
8. The doctrine of Syadbad.
9. Shankar and Syadbad.
10. Examination of Shankar.
11. The doctrine of unity in difference.
12. The universe as a self-existent unit.
13. Theories of evolution.
14. The sankhya philosophy.
15. Causation and compound evolution.
18. The karma phenomenology.
19. Churchianity and the law of karma.
20. Belief in re-birth.
21. Re-birth and karma-sarira.
22. Karma-sarira and oudarika-sarira.
23. Free-will and fatalism.
24. Will and individuality.
25. Causality in the moral world.
26. Classification of karmas.
27. From metaphysics to ethics.
28. The conceptions of virtue and vice.
29. On punya and its fruitions.
30. Papa, vice or sin.
31. Asrava or influx.
32. Bandha or bondage.
33. Samvara or stoppage.
34. Nirjara or dissipation.
35. Moksha or emancipation.
37. Jain church.
38. Jain festivals.
39. Jain places of pilgrimage.
40. Jain literature.
41. Jain art and architecture.