Author: Leonard Angel
Publisher: Sri Satguru Publications
ISBN/UPC (if available): 8170304741
This book shows that mysticism is incomplete without scientific rationalism, and that our current social and political projects cannot be completed without assimilating the values and practices of mysticism.
It discusses cross-cultural ethics, mysticism and value theory, mysticism and metaphysics, mysticism and the theory of knowledge, ethics and religion, parapsychology, patriarchy, and social and political history.
1. The Two Faces of Enlightenment
2. Relational Ethics: A Modern Confucianism
3. Monadic Fulfillment: The Mystic’s Paradigm
4. Mysticism and Logic: Is Mysticism Intelligible?
5. Mysticism, Metaphisics, and the Philosophy of Mind
6. Enlightenment Sacred and Secular
7. Mysticism and Social Philosophy: A Hidden Connection
8. Mysticism and Science: A New Opportunity
9. Mysticism and the Philosophy of History