Author: Veena S Gajendragadkar
Publisher: Sri Satguru Publications
ISBN/UPC (if available): 817030119X
This work on Kanada’s doctrine of the categories or the Padarthas is an attempt to bring out the sense of the sutras of Kanadas’s as they read to us in the twentieth century and on the background of a fairly close study of Western Philosophy through its epoch making thinkers of the present times.
The present book is divided into 12 chapters.
LIST OF ABBREVIATIONS
1. The Vaisesika Padarthas Part I: a Logical Perspective
2. The Vaisesika Categories Part II: The Vaisesika Categories and the Problem of Predication
3. The Doctrine Padarthas in Other Systems of Indian Philosophy
4. Dravya: Substance and Satta
6. Samanya and Visesa Part I: Samanya-The Universal and the General
7. Samanya-Visesa-Part II: Visesa
8. Samavaya: Inherence
9. Abhava I.E. Non-Being
10. Kanada’s Views on Knowledge and the Self Part I: Knowledge ‘A’
11. Kanada Views on Knowledge and the self Part II and III: The Self and the Conception of Implication