Author: Vaidya Bhagwan Dash
Publisher: Sri Satguru Publications
ISBN/UPC (if available): 8170306418
Traditional systems of medicines developed in various parts of the world during different ages. A systematic shape was given to them in different ancient centres of civilization and culture. Some of these traditional systems are based on a rational and sound fundamental principles and some others have only an empirical base.
Some of those traditional systems did not survive and have become subjects of history whereas others like the traditional system of medicine of India and China are not only surviving but also fully progressing with state patronage. The present book gives fundamentals of Ayurveda in clear and lucid style.
2. Unique features of Ayurveda.
3. Historical review.
4. Creation of the universe.
5. Concept of Panca-Mahabhutas.
6. Tridosa concept.
7. Concept of dhatu.
8. Concept of mala.
9. Srotas or channels of circulation.
10. Digestion and metabolism.
11. Prakrti or physical constitution.
12. Concept of mind.
15. Panca-kosas or five sheaths.
16. Anatomical descriptions.
17. Concepts of drug composition and drug action.
18. Preventive medicine.
19. Examination of patients.
20. Examination of diseases.
21. Etiology and patho genesis of diseases.
22. Classification of diseases.
23. Diseases and their varieties.
25. Panca-karma (five specialized therapies).
28. Methods of preparation of Ayurvedic medicines.
29. The drug 'Terminalia Chebula' in Ayurveda and Tibetan medical literature.
30. Garlic in ancient Indian medical texts.
31. Cannabis in ancient medical texts.
32. Death and epidemics.
33. Study and practice.
34. Other traditional systems of medicine.