Author: V K Saxena
Publisher: Sundeep Prakashan
ISBN/UPC (if available): 8175740620
This book is an intensive study of the Indian reaction, particularly the reaction of the people of UP, from 1898 to 1911, to British policies. The author has taken six important policies³land revenue, education, press, plague preventive measures, partition of Bengal and separate electorates.
His study is primarily based on original sources, viz. newspapers, speeches and writings of national leaders, Government of India records, records of political parties, private papers of national leaders, contemporary writing, etc.
The author has tried to capture the spirit of the times, to read the contemporary Indian mind on several important issues, and has analysed the role played by public opinion in the freedom movement.
1. Introduction : British Policies in India
2. Reaction to Land Revenue Policy
3. Reaction to Educational Policy
4. Reaction to British Policy Towards to Press
5. Reaction to Government Attempts to Combat Plague
6. Reaction to the Partition of Bengal
7. Separate Electorate
8. An Assessment